Guidance DepartmentClick here to calculate your Un-weighted GPAUpcoming Opportunities
Congressional Hispanic Caucus Summer Program
This is a week-long leadership and civic engagement opportunity for current high school juniors. CHCI will bring a group of students to Washington D.C. to learn how the Federal Government works, meet key leaders, visit historic sites and develop a deeper understanding of how they can affect positive change in their communities and their nation. The program, which will take place July 23- 28, 2017, is completely FREE of charge to all selected student participants.We have extended our application deadline to April 3, 2017, at 11:59 pm EST. Note that we have also opened the application to include students living in Maricopa County.
ACTIn April all juniors will take the ACT test. To prep for this test visit the ACT website.For additional information check out this Power PointACCESS ASU Summer Opportunities
Click here for more information Access ASUCriminal Justice Camp - Lake Havasu Campus June 4-8, 2017
For more information contact Danny Pirtle at email@example.com or call 832-549-7878See Dr. Nerini for applicationsCollegiate Scholars Academy Summer
- Live on campus
- First-hand experience in Criminal Justice
- work with Criminal Justice professionals
- Tours of prison, crime labs and morgue
- High achieving, academically talented and/or gifted rising 10-12th graders
- Eager and prepared to take on challenging university level courses for credit over the summer
- From various SES backgrounds. (scholarships available for PUHSD students)
- Has access to a residence in Maricopa county during the program dates (non-residential program) Residential component will be offered this year. Cost is $2900.
- Gets good grades, performs well in class, well-behaved, on an honors/IB/AP track. Must meet minimum GPA requirement of 3.2 unweighted and 3.5 unweighted for math and science courses.
- Highly recommended by a teacher
Barrett Summer Scholars
- High achieving, academically talented and/or gifted rising 8-10th graders
- Various SES statuses
- Eager and prepared to take on challenging college level coursework over the summer
- Able to dedicate their time to live on campus during the duration of the program (1-2 weeks)
- Gets good grades, performs well in class, well-behaved, on an honors/IB/AP track.
- Highly recommended by a teacher
- Scholarships available for students who qualify (based on financial need)
Summer Experience at West 1 & 2
- Residential (Rising 11th &12th Grade) Non-Residential (Rising 9-12th Grade)
- Students will gain entry into university level research
- Students will interact and engage with faculty
- Students will learn about resources, student life and the Sun Devil Way
- Program cost of $50 for residential program and $25 for non-residential (scholarships available)
Cesar Chavez Leadership Institute
ACT PrepCheck out this ACT website for some helpful tips and videos to prepare for the ACT.USMC - Summer Leadership & Character Development Academy (SLCDA)SLCDA is a weeklong leadership program designed to challenge our nation’stop-performing high school students. Capitalizing on 240 years of leadershipexperience, the academy positions the Marine Corps as a partner in highereducation and a contributor to the professional development of youngcitizens.
- Residential program for rising 11th and 12th grade students
- Students learn leadership, civic and community engagement as well as diversity
- There is no GPA, but students should be high achieving or have a string teacher recommendation
Midwestern University's annual Health Careers Institute for High School Students will take place this year from July 13-22 on the University's campus in Glendale, AZ. This FREE medical program is open to current Junior and Senior high school student and offers hands-on lab activities and lectures designed to introduce student to a variety of health professions. Applications and flyer may be downloaded online at:
- Rising high school juniors and seniors (Current sophomores and Juniors).
- Involved in positive extracurricular activities.
- Highly active in their community.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Must be at least 16-years-old at the time of the academy.
- Application Deadline April 1