Guidance DepartmentClick here to calculate your Un-weighted GPAUpcoming OpportunitiesACCESS ASU Summer Opportunities
Click here for more information Access ASUCriminal Justice Camp - Lake Havasu Campus June 9-15, 2018
For more information contact Dr. Danny Pirtle at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 832-549-7878See Dr. Nerini for applicationsCollegiate Scholars Academy Summer
- Live on campus
- First-hand experience in Criminal Justice
- Work with Criminal Justice professionals
- Tours of prison, crime labs and morgue
- High achieving, academically talented and/or gifted rising 10-12th graders
- Eager and prepared to take on challenging university level courses for credit over the summer
- From various SES backgrounds. (scholarships available for PUHSD students)
- Has access to a residence in Maricopa county during the program dates (non-residential program) Residential component will be offered this year. Cost is $2900.
- Gets good grades, performs well in class, well-behaved, on an honors/IB/AP track. Must meet minimum GPA requirement of 3.2 unweighted and 3.5 unweighted for math and science courses.
- Highly recommended by a teacher
Barrett Summer Scholars
- High achieving, academically talented and/or gifted rising 8-10th graders
- Various SES statuses
- Eager and prepared to take on challenging college level coursework over the summer
- Able to dedicate their time to live on campus during the duration of the program (1-2 weeks)
- Gets good grades, performs well in class, well-behaved, on an honors/IB/AP track.
- Highly recommended by a teacher
- Scholarships available for students who qualify (based on financial need)
Summer Experience at West 1 & 2
- Residential (Rising 11th &12th Grade) Non-Residential (Rising 9-12th Grade)
- Students will gain entry into university level research
- Students will interact and engage with faculty
- Students will learn about resources, student life and the Sun Devil Way
- Program cost of $50 for residential program and $25 for non-residential (scholarships available)
Cesar Chavez Leadership Institute
ACT PrepCheck out this ACT website for some helpful tips and videos to prepare for the ACT.USMC - Summer Leadership & Character Development Academy (SLCDA)SLCDA is a weeklong leadership program designed to challenge our nation’stop-performing high school students. Capitalizing on 240 years of leadershipexperience, the academy positions the Marine Corps as a partner in highereducation and a contributor to the professional development of youngcitizens.
- Residential program for rising 11th and 12th grade students
- Students learn leadership, civic and community engagement as well as diversity
- There is no GPA, but students should be high achieving or have a string teacher recommendation
Midwestern University's annual Health Careers Institute for High School Students will take place this year from July 13-22 on the University's campus in Glendale, AZ. This FREE medical program is open to current Junior and Senior high school student and offers hands-on lab activities and lectures designed to introduce student to a variety of health professions. Applications and flyer may be downloaded online at:
- Rising high school juniors and seniors (Current sophomores and Juniors).
- Involved in positive extracurricular activities.
- Highly active in their community.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Must be at least 16-years-old at the time of the academy.
- Application Deadline April 1