Parents who will have student contact must complete the volunteer clearance process. This includes any one-on-one contact such as tutoring, over-night/out-of-town field trips. Parents who wish to volunteer on a campus where their son/daughter is enrolled and minimal student contact will occur, may not need to be fingerprinted and processed at the District Office. This includes activities such as: translating, Xeroxing, a one-time assist on a local/school day field trip, office help, trash pickup. Parents should contact the campus Community Liaison to determine the level of clearance required.
To become a Parent Volunteer, complete the following steps:
1. Meet with campus Community Liaison to complete the volunteer packet:
- Request for Clearance Approval for Campus Service Providers (with Administrator approval)
- Campus Work Agreement
- Background Information Form
- Insurance Disclaimer for Non-Employee
2. Proceed to District office with completed volunteer packet for fingerprinting and processing at no cost.
3. A Processing Receipt will be provided and must be returned to the campus Community Liaison (Receipt does not authorize individual to begin having student contact.). The Community Liaison will contact the individual upon receiving notification of initial clearance.
4. All Volunteers must sign in and out with entering campus.
A copy of the volunteer packet will be kept on file at the site with the Community Liaison and a copy of all clearance paperwork must be forwarded to the Dropout Programs Developer.